Central City, NE
To reduce the load on the existing boiler and to increase its efficiencies, a second boiler was proposed.
To accomplish this, RMS needed to redesign the entire boiler room because of limited space. The final design maximized space, efficiency, and promoted a swift construction schedule.
The installation was completed during a shutdown period. With the use of a 3d scanner, RMS was able to identify piping components to be prefabricated to help expedite the construction process. The accuracy of the scanner reduced field modifications significantly.
- 0 Injuries.
- Successful integration of new boiler and existing system.
- No-traditional stack layout.
- Critical task communication was essential in avoiding costly delays.
- Deliveries of major equipment and materials were made early or on-time.
- RMS retrofitted all of the burner controls and mechanical system design to accommodate used boiler configurations.
- Project completed on time.