Steam System Change Over
MidAmerican Energy’s primary source of generating energy is through coal burning. The plant needed a secondary system that allows them to perform maintenance tasks on their primary system. Rasmussen Mechanical Services was involved from the start to assist in the building layout, mechanical piping, MEC Room, and mezzanine designs.
The project was completed within 6 months and an immense amount of effort was focused on executing the construction schedule. LEAN® methods were used to keep the project moving forward in the event of delays.
- The self-performed design-build project that included an 80,000 pph and 40,000 pph steam boilers.
- 0ver 500 hours of 3d Autocad.
- Just-in-time deliveries to meet the demands of the construction schedule
- Reverse planning and five-week look-ahead schedules ensured the project was effectively supplied with the correct trades.
- Trained day, night, and back-up shifts for proper system operation and troubleshooting.