Design Build Brewery
Sturgis, South Dakota
Rasmussen Mechanicals Design Build team was contracted to provide a turnkey solution for a brewery in Sturgis South Dakota. The project included installation of:
- Forced air heating system, 2 rooftop units, 5 split systems and ceiling mounted electric heaters
- Energy recovery ventilators and CO2 detection system and all HVAC system controls
- 50-ton process chiller with 300-gallon storage tank
- Steam boiler with burner and controls
- All process piping for the facility
- 5 high efficiency water heaters
- All ducting and registers
One of our HVAC technicians designed and built a whistle that will blow 15 PSI steam each time Sturgis Brewing Company finishes a new brew. See the video here!
Fun Fact: The CO2 exhaust system was designed to constantly monitoring CO2 levels in the brewery, which is a bi-product of the brewing process. The ERV’s continually exhaust, and based on a set point ramp the equipment up and down to keep the CO2 levels safe for occupancy. CO2 is heavier than air which is why the exhaust ducting extends to the ground.