Energy Conservation & System Upgrades
Rasmussen Mechanical Services partnered with Navitas to conduct an energy conservation study and Design-Build Services.
The project involved retrofitting the mechanical systems for elementary and high school. This included the installation of high-efficiency condensing boilers, pumps, VFDs, chilled water systems, fan coils, energy recovery units, and a Honeywell building automation control system.
The air delivery system was changed from multi-zone to variable-air-volume system.
- Major construction was completed during the summer months.
- Condensing boilers reduced fuel consumption and utility costs.
- The Honeywell System controls all of the mechanical operations to reduce energy costs, as well as tracking/monitoring electrical and gas meter usage for monthly reporting.
- Old multi-zone units were converted to VAV-VFD application for reduced construction and operating costs.
- The new design allows for easy maintenance for facility staff.