Energy Conservation & System Upgrades
Rasmussen Mechanical Services partnered with Navitas to conduct an energy conservation study and Design Build Services.
The project involved retrofitting the mechanical systems for elementary and high school. This included the installation of a high-efficiency condensing boilers, pumps, VFDs, chilled water system, fan coils, energy recovery units and a Honeywell building automation control system.
The air delivery system was changed from multi-zone to variable-air-volume system.
- Major construction was completed during the summer months.
- Condensing boilers reduced fuel consumption and utility costs.
- The Honeywell System controls all of the mechanical operations to reduce energy costs, as well as tracking/monitoring electrical and gas meter usage for monthly reporting.
- Old multi-zone units were converted to VAV-VFD application for reduced construction and operating costs.
- The new design allows for easy maintenance for facility staff.