It’s that time of year again! The nights are getting colder, the kids are going back to school, the sweaters are coming out of the closet and pumpkin spice is preparing to take over our senses. It’s a great time of year and not just because of the beautiful fall colors, but also because it means it’s time for that annual maintenance checkup of your HVAC system!Take a look at these #HVAC maintenance tips to help you save both time and money! Click To Tweet
What You Can Do
Here are a few HVAC tasks to knock off your ever-growing “To-Do” list:
- Change filters at least every 90 days or more if your equipment is around certain conditions such as animals or dust.
- Use expanding foam for ducts, pipes, windows, and doors to make sure everything stays airtight!
- Keep coils clean and free of debris. You may also want to spray for ants and other critters, too
- Hose down those exterior coils!
When to Leave It to the Pros
With the DIY maintenance you’ve been doing, there’s a good chance that your equipment is running smoothly However, an annual inspection is still recommended as a way to ensure everything is running safely and efficiently.
[Find out how to increase the life of your system with our HVAC Preventative Maintenance Checklist.]
Here’s what you might need a little help with:
- Checking and calibrating the thermostat
- Catching loose electrical connections that could be dangerous and impact the life of your HVAC system
- Cleaning the condensate drain
- Adjusting the blower
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Inspecting gas pressure and tuning the burner combustion.
- Checking for gas leaks in your equipment’s heat exchanger.
This time of year calls for a change. Both in the seasons and the operation of your HVAC equipment. If you get stuck or notice something does not look right, Contact Rasmussen Mechanical Services to schedule your annual fall maintenance plan or to request a repair.