Industrial, Institutional, and Commercial Mechanical Construction
How we can help
Our Mechanical Construction Services group consults, designs, and builds mechanical projects for commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities. Our goal is to help you reduce operating costs and improve your facility’s health, and provide the mechanical services you need.
Consult: We help you make sense of your mechanical system. Our consulting services include budget pricing, equipment inspections, and a review of your building / facility’s mechanical system.
Design: We design all of your mechanical solutions in-house. We can keep it simple with two-dimensional drawings or go full-scale with a virtual model of your new mechanical room.
Build: To ensure your mechanical systems run properly, we have 7 service locations and 10 mechanical service departments, and over 200 experienced service technicians. Our large mechanical equipment rental fleet and parts inventory can help you run all year long.
Mechanical Construction Brochure
Want to see how the mechanical construction division at Rasmussen Mechanical Services provides top quality services? Download our brochure for more details.
Renovation and New Construction Services
We will work with your team to design the optimal mechanical solution to meet your project requirements. We will build you a sustainable, reliable, and cost-effective solution.
We focus on the environment and your utility costs. Throughout your project we will incorporate sustainable engineering practices that deliver efficient, comfortable, and healthy environments. It is our priority to design a system with the highest efficiency and lowest cost of ownership.
Our mechanical solutions perform the way we design them to. We design these systems with maintenance in-mind. We make sure critical equipment are in easily accessible areas. This keep costs down and optimizes performance over the life of your system.
During the design process we will provide a clear plan of expected costs and savings. We will provide you with alternate solutions and highlight the impact of their long and short term savings.
Self-Performed Design, Build, and Repair Services
From prefabrication to field installation, our full service mechanical solutions include piping, sheet-metal, temperature controls, and equipment installations.
- Two and Three Dimensional Construction Drawings and Specifications
- Mechanical Engineering and Design
- Turnkey Design Build Projects
- New and Used Equipment Sales and Installtion
- Air Compressor and Boiler Equipment Rentals
- Process Piping
- HVAC Systems, chilled water, heated water, steam, glycol, and refrigeration
- Geothermal, boiler, cooling tower, open loop, and hybrid pump systems
- Packaged air conditioning
- Chiller, boiler, and tower equipment
- Medical gas, compressed air, and utility systems
- Central plant utility distribution
- Ventilation systems
- Air handling systems
- Sheet Metal Installation
- Variable refrigerant volume systems
- Industrial process design, fabrication, and installation
- Stainless steel welding, fabrication, and installation
- Dust and fume hood collection
- Kitchen exhaust hoods
Industries We Serve
For decades, we have been providing the highest quality mechanical services to a variety of venues in the industrial, institutional, and commercial market places.
- Private and Public Institutions
- Education Facilities
- Hospitals and Healthcare
- Data Centers and IT Facilities
- Government and Defense
- Manufacturing and Food Processing Plants
- Biofuels and Ethanonal
Mechanical Services Spotlight: Virtual Design and Construction
We use the latest 3D scanning and modeling technology to give you an unprecedented look at your project before construction begins.
Advantages of 3D Modeling
- Project Proposals: Using 3D Models for your project will give you the most accurate quotes. This is because the model is using the exact measurements needed to complete the project.
- Documentation and Fabrication: 3D models are transformed into 2D drawings with the correct specifications. This allows for the majority of the project to be prefabricated and it reduces the total costs of the project.
- Reduce the Amount of Rework: Virtual mechanical design and construction significantly reduces the amount field modifications. This improves the speed of the project and reduces project costs.
Rasmussen Mechanical Services partnered with Lueder Construction and performed the Mechanical and Temperature Controls scope of work. This included the installation of 16 DX (direct expansion) rooftop units, two (2) pool dehumidification units, and three (3) high-efficiency condensing boilers.
- 8 months of construction.
- Project coordination and management of additional trades.
- Just-in-time deliveries
- 0 injuries.
The installation was completed during a shutdown period. With the use of a 3d scanner, RMS was able to identify piping components to be prefabricated to help expedite the construction process. The accuracy of the scanner reduced field modifications significantly.
- 0 Injuries.
- Successful integration of new boiler and existing system.
- No-traditional stack layout.
- Critical task communication was essential in avoiding costly delays.
- Deliveries of major equipment and materials were made early or on-time.
- RMS retrofitted all the burner controls and mechanical system design to accommodate used boiler configurations.
- Project completed on time
Cass County Courthouse located in Plattsmouth, Nebraska was interested in decreasing their carbon footprint and reducing their energy costs. The facility was heating its building and domestic water with old and inefficient boilers.
Rasmussen Mechanical Services removed four (4) existing boilers and two (2) hot water heaters. These were replaced with two (2) 1000Mbh high efficiency boilers and two (2) 700Mbh hot water heaters.